Friday 10 July 2015

Victorino joins the FC Goa samba bandwagon 






Victorino Fernandes will be the new Goan sway added to the FC Goa samba that is to start in the Hero India Super League (HISL) on October 3. Attempts were made for Brandon Fernandes but failed. Cavin Lobo , who made a mark with Atletico de Kolkata last season, was over looked.
“I was hoping FC Goa would pick me up. I at least thought they would try and negotiate . I was sad initially. Life has to go on. I know I will give my best to Kerala Blasters,” stated Cavin to THE GOAN.
“We thought of Brandon Fernandes as our first under-23 player. Since we did not get him we settled on Mongkhoseim Haokip who happens to be the highest goal scorer in the I League,” stated FC Goa advisor P.K Mukherjee. “ The ISL rules allows us to buy a goalkeeper later. That is why we did not go for a goalkeeper today,” added Mukherjee. 
Sporting Clube de Goa’s Victorino and Bengaluru FC’s  Mongkhoseim Haokip  now join  Romeo Fernandes and Joaquim Abranches in FC Goa’s set up now being deliberated by Zico.
This HISL players draft saw eight Goan footballers step into the playing fields as they were picked up by various other franchises of the HISL.
Salgaocar Football Clubs stopper Augustin Fernandes – who has learnt and grown tremendously under former manager Derrick Perreira- signed for Atletico de Kolkata . Augustin will most probably play along Goa’s Denzil Franco in the defence. Denzil was out injured for the major part of last year’s league.
“ It will be nice to have another  Goan  playing alongside me. I know Rino Anto has been brought for ninety lakhs. I will work hard to retain my place in the team,” stated Denzil when asked how he looks at another right back being bought for such a price.
Pratesh Shirodkar,Brandon Fernandes and Albino Gomes are three other Goans picked up by Mumbai  City FC.  “ I know Goans play good football. There will always be a link between me and Goa ,” stated Mumbai City FC assistant coach Oscar Bruzon.  Pratesh is from Sporting Clube while Brandon is expected to sign for them again after the HISL.
Albino Gomes has yet to start for the senior Salgaocar team but has been donning the gloves  at the junior levels. Keegan Perreira and Peter Carvalho are the two others  from the State .
From indications available, the FC Goa goose is set to be cooked. Though he was present for the auction , his participation was minimal. “ The strategy was developed by his Indian team. He did not have much to do with the selection of the players,” stated a senior FC Goa source present at the auction.






No comments:

Post a Comment