Sunday 18 May 2014

Armando denies joining Churchill, signs for East Bengal



India’s most reputed I League coach Armando Colaco  has denied reports that he had signed on the dotted line for Churchill Brothers Sports Club for the 2014-2015 season.” It is a lie. Somebody is spreading these lies. I have not been asked by anybody but reports are appearing without my knowledge or me speaking to anyone.There is nothing I can do about it “, Armando Colaco informed Goalfest.
“Churchill Alemao did meet me. He offered me the job.but , I never accepted it. I am going to Calcutta tomorrow to sign for East Bengal. This is the truth. I have many players who have joined the Club because of me. How do you expect me to leave the Club”, asked Colaco.
Just a week ago , the grapevine was seething with the news that Armando Colaco had quit East Bengal after having brought the Club to the second spot in the recently concluded I league.”He had joined Churchill Brother” read reports stating that “Armando could not weather the pressures of Bengal.Churchill Brothers ,who avoided  relegation this year in the I League , picked up Armando in place of Mariano Dias,it was reported. Newspaper reports further alleged that the East Bengal officials were in Goa to convince Armando Colaco to stay back , but had failed. East Bengal secretary Majumdar was even quoted to have said that” the Club  had time and that it would wait for two months to name their new coach”.
“ I am shocked and surprised by all the stories that have been going on about me. Everything that has been written is wrong.They are all lies.Absolute lies.No one even bothered to contact me to ask me”, stated Armando Colaco vindicatively.” I am sure to sign for East Bengal in a day or two. I am going to Bengal for that”, added Armando Colaco.
Just a few days ago , a section of the press had hinted that Armando Colaco had sent an email to the East Bengal officials. Though nobody could throw light on the contents of the email, Colaco shunned any conversation on the topic.
Armando began his footballing career with Dempo Sports Club as a striker. He then took over the mantle of the coach of the team – winning them four I league titles apart from other tournaments. He was shown the door by Dempos and took over East Bengal who were not sitting pretty on the I League table. However, after taking charge, things changed and the Club came close to toppling Bengaluru Football Club in the just concluded I League.

No comments:

Post a Comment