Wednesday 21 May 2014

"Bhowmick was sacked", Mariano Dias



Subhash Bhowmick who led Churchill Bros to their first I League title in 2012-2013 was sacked by the club according to the clubs interim coach Mariano Dias.According to reports, Bhowmick has joined Mohun Bagan for the 2014-2015 season."He was asked to leave by the club management. I was in-charge of the team for the last three matches", stated Mariano Dias who at one point went on record to say that he prepared the team only for the AFC Cup.
"He was asked to leave because there were no performances", stated Mariano.
"I have not yet decided on my future with the club. My contract ends in May. I am also going to Japan to get my Pro License. It will be after my return that I will see what happens. There are no concrete proposals at this moment. It is too early to say anything", said Mariano when asked about his future with Churchill Bros.
Churchill Bros won the Federation Cup for the first time under Mariano. Infact , the team staved off relegation by defeating Salgaocar in their final and decisive match. Though many will argue against the referees decision to award Churchill Bros a crucial penalty."The penalty was doubtful.This happens in football.The penalty gave them (Churchill Bros ) a nice opportunity to score.", remarked Salgaocar coach Derrick Perreira.
The truth is that with the win against Salgaocar Sports Club, Churchill avoided relegation and have another year to once again re-establish their supremacy in the I League. With Bhowmick out and Mariano uncertain about his future many are waiting to see whether the team is going in for a major revamp this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment